User Experience And Design
A UX designer will consider the Why, What and How of product use. The Why involves the users’ motivations for adopting a product, whether they relate to a task they wish to perform with it, or to values and views associated with the ownership and use of the product. The What addresses the things people can do with a product—its functionality. Finally, the How relates to the design of functionality in an accessible and aesthetically pleasant way. UX designers start with the Why before determining the What and then, finally, the How in order to create products that users can form meaningful experiences with. In software designs, designers must ensure the product’s “substance” comes through an existing device and offers a seamless, fluid experience.
User Experience And Design Course Overview
From industries such as consumer products to airlines, a great experience can retain loyal customers and make them your biggest advocates. However, the reverse is also true, poor experiences can quickly drive customers away. Building great user experiences is not a ‘mysterious art’; by applying user-centered design principles, any organisation can identify customer pain points and create delightful products and services for its users.
This UX Foundation course focuses on the principles needed to design a good user experience in digital applications. It will cover the UX process and its integration into software development cycles as well as UX best practices. Students will also be given hands-on exposure to the UX life-cycle with an exercise to design, test and iteratively enhance a digital application.
Upcoming Course Dates
- Feb Intake (1st Feb, 8th Feb, and 9th Feb – Weekend Class)
- Feb Intake (24th to 26 Feb 2020 – Weekday Class)
User Experience And Design Course Outline
AM Session: Intro to User Experience Design
- What is UXD and why is it important?
- Why are organisations embracing it?
- How does UXD fit into the software/product development cycle?
- Exercise: Reflection on what makes a great UX for you?
PM Session: Understand What Customer Really Want
- UX Design frameworks – user goals, user characteristics, environment of use & product workflow
- UX Design approach – Understanding, Ideating, Prototyping, Testing & Iterating
- UXD and Design Thinking – How are they related?
- Exercise & Quiz
AM Session: Basic Principles of UX Design
- User-Centred Best Practices
- Principles for User Interface Design
- Exercise: Evaluation of various digital services based on best practices
PM Session: Rapid Prototyping & Wireframing
- Mapping out user flows
- Sitemap Design
- Wireframe Design
- Exercise: Participants will be asked to design a digital solution that will require them to apply UX fundamentals, map out user flows and design screen wireframes to solve the problem.
AM Session: Usability Testing
- Fundamentals of experiment design
- Effective interviewing techniques
- Presentation of designs Evaluation by class
User Experience And Design Course Outcomes
On completion of the course, the students would be able to:
- Understand why UX matters and how organisations are using it to create products
- Understand frameworks and principles that make up a good user experience
- Understand how to prototype, test and iteratively enhance a digital product
Course Trainers for User Experience Design Foundations
ex-Global eCommerce Architect at Razer.com
Daylon Soh began his career and entrepreneurial ventures as a Digital Experience Architect working for brands like Unilever, Aviva and Razer on innovating digital products/service and improving customer experiences.
Daylon mentors startups and SMEs on product management and User Experience (UX) issues under WeWork Global Labs. He is also an active instructor in the ﬁeld of UX with students in Portugal and Singapore and taught for General Assembly for 3 years.
Who Should Attend
- Creative professionals such as graphic, print or visual designers who are seeking to make the transition into digital UX design.
- Technical professionals who want to understand how to make their digital products and services more user-friendly and to gain a better understanding of the UX design process.
- Executives or start-up founders who need to understand the basics of UX design and understand its impact in creating differentiated digital products and services.
Course Fee: SGD 2500
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion from Theanthropy.
Post Course Advisory Service
At the end of the course, you can request for a free advisory service on either career or organisation improvements. The duration of the advisory service will be conducted by the Course Manager and will be capped at 1 hour for an individual and 3 hours for an organisation, with a validity period 3 months from the course completion date.
CITREP+ supports local professionals in keeping pace with technology shifts through continuous and proactive training.
Participants are eligible for course subsidies under the CITREP+ framework. Subsidies range from 70% to 100% depending on which tier you fall under.
Singapore citizens and PRs who are working professionals will be eligible for up to 70-90% subsidy of the course fee and Singapore citizens who are students will be eligible for up to 100% subsidy of the course fee.
Terms and conditions apply. Please visit www.imtalent.sg/citrep for full details.
CITREP+ is a programme under the TechSkillsAccelerator (TeSA) – an initiative of SkillsFuture, driven by Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA) and in partnership with strategic partners; Workforce Singapore (WSG) and SkillsFutureSingapore (SSG), as well as collaboration with industry partners and hiring employers. TeSA offers various programmes to support professionals to upgrade and acquire new infocomm technology (ICT) skills and domain knowledge that are in demand, and to stay competitive and meet the challenges of a fast-moving digital landscape.
For more information, you can visit the IMDA website here for more information.
Register for User Experience And Design Course
Our available classes are listed on Eventbrite. Select your preferred class before making payment through either credit card or Paypal. We look forward to seeing you at our classes!