Leading SAFe 5
Develop a skill set that’s in demand worldwide—and empower your enterprise to succeed in a disruptive marketplace – when you become a SAFe 5 Agilist (SA). During this two-day course, you’ll learn the principles and practices of the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe), how to execute and release value through Agile Release Trains, and what it means to lead a Lean-Agile transformation at enterprise scale.
Participants in the class gain insights into mastering Business Agility in order to thrive in the competitive market. They discuss how to establish the team and technical agility and organize and re-organize around the flow of value. They also learn and practice the skills for supporting and executing PI Planning events and coordinating multiple Agile Release Trains (ARTs). Participants in the class explore the importance of adopting a customer-centric mindset and design thinking approach to agile product delivery. Learners also develop an understanding of implementing a Lean Portfolio Management function in their enterprise
Leading SAFe 5 Course Overview
- Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Becoming a Lean-Agile Leader
- Establishing Team and Technical Agility
- Experiencing Program Increment (PI) Planning
- Releasing on Demand with DevOps
- Building Business Solutions and Lean Systems
- Implementing Lean Portfolio Management
- Leading the transformation
To perform the role of a SAFe® Agilist, attendees should be able to:
- Understand the Seven Core Competencies of the Lean Enterprise
- Become a Lean-thinking manager-teacher
- Apply the values and principles of a Lean-Agile Mindset
- Apply SAFe’s Lean and Agile principles to the roles and practices of SAFe
- Create high-performing teams by establishing mission and purpose
- Lead the transformation with the SAFe Implementation Roadmap
- Support PI Planning and the events associated with successful Program execution
- Drive Release on Demand with the Continuous Delivery Pipeline
- Establish alignment and execution with Strategic Themes and Lean Portfolio Management
- Coordinate multiple Agile Release Trains and suppliers with a Solution Train
Professional Development Units (PDUs)
This course also counts for 15 Professional Development Units (PDUs)
Technical (6) + Leadership (6) + Strategic (3)
Upcoming Course Dates
- 28 – 29 Mar 2020
- 1 – 2 May 2020
- 4 – 5 Jul 2020
Course Trainer for Leading SAFe 5 Course
Ola is a Passionate Lean-Agile leader and part of the SPCT program at Scaled Agile. Ola is an active contributor to the development of the framework and the global community. Ola has 14 years of experience in set-up and run Scaled Agile implementations in challenging international environments. In the last four years, Ola has focused to help people and their organizations to succeed in their Lean-Agile Transformations by coaching, mentorship, and training around SAFe. Ola has globally trained almost 1000 people in different SAFe trainings and has experience of almost the entire stack of training from Scaled Agile.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for:
- Candidates seeking a foundational understanding of lean-agile practices.
- Managers and leaders responsible for employees that are working on lean-agile initiatives.
After the Leading SAFe training
When you pass the Leading SAFe exam, you’ll receive a SAFe® 5 Scaled Agilist (SA) certificate, with a digital badge to share and promote your accomplishment online. A one-year certified membership as a SAFe Agilist is also included, granting you access to the SA Community of Practice. Furthermore, we’ll provide you with a SAFe Agilist certification usage guide with SA certification marks, as well as access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey.
Post Course Advisory Service
At the end of the course, you can request for a free advisory service on either career or organisation improvements. The duration of the advisory service will be conducted by the Course Manager and will be capped at 1 hour for an individual and 3 hours for an organisation, with a validity period 3 months from the course completion date.