ICAgile is the leading Agile certification body in the world and rated top Agile certification by CIO.com
The ‘Certified Professional DevOps Foundations’ certification is offered by ICAgile, a non-profit membership organization that supports the adoption and effective use of Agile.
DevOps refers to the combination of “Development” and “Operations”. It is a revolution and the latest buzz in the software industry. It is a unique software engineering culture that integrates and bridges the gap between the software development and operation teams in an organization. It concentrates on enhancing the level of collaboration, integration, communication amongst the development and the operations department in the organization. The primary objective being constant monitoring and automation at every phase of software construction.
The seamless integration of DevOps into the enterprises has led to the transformation of the team of engineers, developers, system administrators, QA testers into DevOps engineers. Holding the designation of a DevOps engineer is perceived as the hardest tech jobs, that the industry is flooded with. There are numerous factors that contribute to the said fact, the primary one being the rapid inclination of IT giants towards DevOps, hence they require engineers with expert coding, testing, configuring and managing infrastructure skills. There is a huge demand for DevOps engineers and expert professionals as pioneer organizations have made a move to adopt the DevOps culture.
ICAgile DevOps Course Description
Driving individuals through a digital transformation requires new aptitudes, creative reasoning, and transformational initiatives.
Leaders across the IT organization must align themselves and collaborate together to advance the organization.The course is delivered by key DevOps leadership sources handpicked from the industry to extract the real-life best practices in leading DevOps initiatives, such as the Spotify Squad Model. They teach the key differences and emerging practices for cultural transformation through leadership in a fast-paced DevOps and Agile environment.
This Agile DevOps certification is designed for both technical and non-technical audience. The learning outcomes cover areas such as the business case for DevOps, continuous integration, continuous delivery, accompanying cultural changes, operational considerations and configuration management.
Participants who complete this certification will gain an excellent foundation in DevOps concepts and ingredients for a successful transition.
ICAgile DevOps Course Objectives
On completion of the course, the students would be able to:
- Expand career opportunities across all industry sectors adopting Agile and DevOps practices
- Perform cost-benefit analysis and apply evaluation methods to assess new technologies/practices
- Explain the benefits and value of DevOps in order to set the organization’s expectations and to gauge progress throughout adoption
- Explain that DevOps will vary from organization to organization, from team to team and that it may even change over time. It is not a “one-size-fits-all” process
- Describe how challenges arise from separation of development and operations, how organizational structure influences technology decisions
- The essentials of continuous integration (CI)
- Develop software configuration and establish a release and configuration plan
- The principles and practices of continuous delivery (CD)
- The deployment pipeline and its purpose
- The challenges and support for managing infrastructure and databases
- What changes to start making when first starting out with DevOps
Benefits of Learning DevOps
- Improved operational support and faster fixes.
- Good processes across IT and teams, including automation.
- Increased team flexibility and agility.
- Happier, more engaged teams.
- Cross-skilling and self-improvement.
- Collaborative working.
Key Takeaways of Learning DevOps
- DevOps and time to market
- Major differences between DevOps IT and traditional IT
- Understanding performance and culture
- Designing a DevOps organization
- Value stream mapping
- The Spotify Squad model
- Value stream mapping
- Managing culture change
Course Trainers for Certified Scrum Product Owner Course
Head Orbium Scrum Practice
John is the Head of Agile Practice for Orbium, and founder / creator of Auspicious Agile, based in Singapore. He has founded Agile services practices for Rally Software in Asia and for Point B, a mid-sized US management consultancy. John is also a contributor to InfoQ on Agile & DevOps, and an author of the ebook “ A Guide to Distributed Agile Framework”. John has two decades of leadership and process improvement knowledge in technology related projects, and over ten years of experience with Agile methods and coaching. John has led corporate Agile training, executive education, & Agile certification sessions publicly and privately in the US & Asia.
Who Should Attend
- Team members
- Anyone wanting to understand the case for and potential of DevOps
- Anyone looking to understand their role and practices in a DevOps environment
- Anyone wanting to know what changes to start making to prepare for DevOps
Course Fee: SGD 2500
Register Your Interest For ICAgile DevOps Course
You will receive a follow up email to make payment before the class starts.