Design Sprint and Innovation
Design Sprint is a popular tool used in Google to solve complex problems, It provides an undeniable competitive advantage. It’s a pragmatic and effective way to integrate Design Thinking, UX, Agile, Lean start-up approaches into an organization, based on co-creation and collaboration.
A design sprint is a five phase(Understand, Sketch, Decide, Prototype, and Validate) framework that helps answer critical business questions through rapid prototyping and user testing. Sprints let teams reach clearly defined goals and deliverables and gain key learnings, quickly. The process helps spark innovation, encourage user-centred thinking, align teams under a shared vision, and get the product launch faster.
Design Sprint and Innovation Course Overview
A design sprint is a five-phase(Understand, Sketch, Decide, Prototype, and Validate) framework that helps answer critical business questions through rapid prototyping and user testing. Sprints let teams reach clearly defined goals and deliverables and gain key learnings, quickly. The process helps spark innovation, encourage user-centred thinking, align teams under a shared vision, and get the product launch faster.
Upcoming Course Dates
- 27 – 29 September 2019
Design Sprint and Innovation Course Outline
AM Session: Innovating Towards the Future
- Future of Business and Exponential Disruption
- Unified Theory of Innovation
- Business Model Innovation
PM Session: Understand What Customers Really Want
- Four Persons Perspective
- Jobs-to-be-done Framework
- Outcome-Driven Innovation
AM Session: Explore & Define the Right Problem to Solve
- Initial Assessment & Choice
- Problem Space Mapping
- Problem Space Definition
PM Session: Ideate & Develop Concepts of Possible Solutions
- Mapping Current State
- Brainstorming & Ideation Techniques
- Assessing, Clustering & Refining Ideas
AM Session: Selecting & Prototyping the Fit-For-Purpose Solution
- Evaluation & Convergence Principles
- Elevator Pitch: Your Solution in one Sentence and/or Sketch
- Minimal Viable Solution (“MVS”)
PM Session: Test & Learn – Validate
- Solution Validation Techniques
- Running Experiments
- Incorporating Feedback, Measuring & Learning
Design Sprint and Innovation Course Outcomes
On completion of the course, the students would be able to:
- Preview Future Disruptions caused by Intelligent Technologies
- Appreciate the overview and differences of Digitisation, Digitalisation and Innovation
- Understand the 3 Levels and 6 Types of Business Innovations
- Learn about the how to innovate depending on which person perspective
- Acquire and apply the Jobs-to-done Framework
- Define the Jobs and Outcomes of your industry / organisation
- Use Outcome-Driven Innovation to discover Segments of Opportunity
- Explore and discuss present and future business models with case studies
- Adopt and apply the Design Sprint mindset, tools & method to their day to day business challenges.
- Use Design Sprints to identify practical problems worth solving via empathy
- Define stage, ideation, rapid-prototyping and testing customer-centric solutions.
- Drive cultural transformation and become more customer-centric, innovative and agile
Design Sprint and Innovation Key Takeaways
- Understand and appreciate core components of the Design Thinking, User Experience, Agile and Lean Start-up
- Demonstrate design mind-set to solve problems
- Understand the challenges of traditional way of Innovation
- Understand and apply new techniques of Innovation by collaboration
- Apply Design Thinking concepts and Design Sprint to solve complex problem
- Understand how to conduct user research and synthesize data from multiple sources in order to discover unmet needs and develop ideas.
- Understand and use tools such as personas, customer journey mapping to solve complex problems
- Illustrate a Design Sprint outcome and explain its value proposition and the outcome intended for the customer
- Carry out low fidelity prototyping of a proposed innovation concept to evaluate, adapt and refine the idea
Course Trainers for Design Sprint and Innovation
Eric is a leading expert in design thinking, innovation, business model innovation, new business design and startup acceleration. He has worked hand in hand with hundreds of corporate innovation teams as part of innovation programmes he has designed and facilitated. He has also accelerated in excess of 90 startups to date. He is also a key partner to the IMD Business School and helps them deliver their innovation programmes to local organisations, global MNCs as well as their annual MBA students in Switzerland.
Charlie is an Exponential Keynote Speaker, Business Futurist, Innovation Strategist and Disruption Advisor. As a Business Futurist, Charlie analyses, imagines and explains the future, especially on how technology will impact, disrupt and empower businesses, industries, professions and economies. As an Innovation Strategist, he inspires, advises and speaks to organisations and leaders to imagine, innovate and transform in the 4th Industrial Revolution.
Who Should Attend
- Anyone who wants to learn how to innovate
- Product design and development teams that want to offer a comprehensive solution to complex problems in a time restricted environment.
Course Fee: SGD 2500
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion from Theanthropy.
Post Course Advisory Service
At the end of the course, you can request for a free advisory service on either career or organisation improvements. The duration of the advisory service will be conducted by the Course Manager and will be capped at 1 hour for an individual and 3 hours for an organisation, with a validity period 3 months from the course completion date.
Participants are eligible for course subsidies under the CITREP+ framework. Subsidies ranges from 70% to 100% depending on which tier you fall under.
Singapore citizens and PRs who are working professionals will be eligible for up to 70-90% subsidy of the course fee and Singapore citizens who are students will be eligible for up to 100% subsidy of the course fee.
CITREP+ supports local professionals in keeping pace with technology shifts through continuous and proactive training.
CITREP+ is a programme under the TechSkillsAccelerator (TeSA) – an initiative of SkillsFuture, driven by Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA) and in partnership with strategic partners; Workforce Singapore (WSG) and SkillsFutureSingapore (SSG), as well as collaboration with industry partners and hiring employers. TeSA offers various programmes to support professionals to upgrade and acquire new infocomm technology (ICT) skills and domain knowledge that are in demand, and to stay competitive and meet the challenges of a fast-moving digital landscape.
For more information, you can visit the IMDA website here for more information.
Register for Design Sprint and Innovation Course
Our available classes are listed on Eventbrite. Select your preferred class before making payment through either credit card or Paypal. We look forward to seeing you at our classes!