Certified Scrum Product Owner® (2 Days)
Scrum Alliance is the leading Agile certification body in the world and rated top Agile certification by CIO.com
This course is for someone who is comfortable with the “business side” of projects, they are probably the right person to aim for a Certified Scrum Product Owner® (CSPO®) certification, as a CSPO, you create a product Strategy, Vision, Management of Requirements, Managements of Stakeholders while closely working with Product Development Teams in order to make sure the best possible job is done to delight the customer.
The course illustrates how Scrum and agile product management practices are applied by Product Owner and Scrum teams to validate ideas, evolve requirements, and deliver potentially shippable products in frequent, time-boxed iterations.
The course uses a combination of lectures, role-plays and exercises to impart understanding on the roles and activities the Product Owner and his/her team. The Scrum framework is applied in a mini-project simulation where the concepts of user stories, agile estimation, and release planning are practiced.
Certified Scrum Product Owner Course Overview
Becoming Agile is a lifelong journey. Incorporating Scrum values and Agile principles into your world of work takes diligence, patience, and a commitment to continuous improvement. CSPO® course offers a deep dive into the product owner role based on the internationally recognized Scrum Guide and the learning objectives of the Scrum Alliance.
CSPO® course is designed to be highly practical in its focus and format. It offers a unique opportunity to gain knowledge and experience at an accelerated rate. By exploring real-world case studies and effectively applied real-world solutions the trainee gains insight that might otherwise take years to achieve.
CSPO® course focuses on an approach using the lens of a Product Owner to all aspects of Scrum. Techniques are explored to improve communication skills, particularly with non-Scrum Team stakeholders, and methods are explored to build deeper understanding and empathy.
Upcoming Course Dates
- 24 – 25 February 2020
- 21 – 22 March 2020 (weekend class)
Certified Scrum Product Owner Course Outline
AM Session: Introduction
- Emerging trends, market gaps and opportunities
- Market conditions and needs
- VUCA era
- Fundamentals of the Product Owner Role
- Understanding the Role of the Product Owner
PM Session: Collaboration
- Working with Stakeholders
- Working with the Single and multiple Development Team
AM Session: Customers and Users
- Customer Research and Product Discovery
- Customer segments and potential needs
PM Session: Vision and Strategy
- Business Model Prototype
- Describing Purpose and Strategy and incubation
- Product Strategy
- Roadmaps and Release
- Go to market plan
Certified Scrum Product Owner Course Outcomes
On completion of the course, the students would be able to:
- Expand career opportunities across all industry sectors adopting Agile practices
- Understand the principles underlying agile methodologies and how to apply them in a team context
- Create a viable project vision, release forecast and visualise progress for an agile project. Discover how documentation, governance and reporting differ between a PMI and an agile project
- Experience the product definition process, from visioning to user stories using such tools as Lean Product Canvas and User Story Mapping
- Practice estimating value and using the Business Value Game for managing conflicting stakeholder priorities
- Learn how to create a release forecast without defining each and every requirement at the outset. Understand agile product discovery and the power of iterative methods for risk management
- Learn through doing, building an actual product vision, release forecast and backlog from start to finish
- Understand how to make progress visible and how to facilitate successful delivery of a project to fixed date and/or fixed time
- Attending the entire course qualifies you to receive the Certified Scrum Product Owner certification from Scrum Alliance
Why Learn About Scrum Product Owner?
Digital disruption has changed the business landscape and made it imperative for every organisation to on-board the digital transformation approach in an accelerated pace. It has become essential for those leading the organisation to be prepared and equipped with the knowledge and skills necessary to champion such a journey, and ensure that the business survives and stays ahead of its competition. This course presents the opportunity for organisations to prepare themselves for this journey, as it offers approaches, frameworks and best practices to enable required skills in the digital era.
Course Trainers for Certified Scrum Product Owner Course
SCRUM ALLIANCE Certified Scrum Master
Former Global Head of Agile at HSBC Bank
He is passionate about the understanding of Agile Corporate Governance, the application of Agile frameworks in non-software environments and the education of Agile to the next generation. He has written papers, lectured at World leading Universities and when not helping Agile teams reach their goals he is working with local charities and social enterprise businesses on applying Agile to have a direct benefit in the community (currently OzHarvest).
Certified Enterprise Scrum Trainer and Certified Enterprise Scrum Coach
Adjunct lecturer at the National University of Singapore (Business Agility and Scaling Agile)
Stuart is a Certified Professional Co-Active Coach ® (CPCC) with CTI and an ACC with the International Coaching Federation (ICF), the most recognised professional coaching standard globally. He is a Certified Enterprise Scrum Trainer and Certified Enterprise Scrum Coach for Enterprise Scrum Inc. and an OpenSpace Agility Trainer and contributor to the OpenSpace Agility framework.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion from Theanthropy and CSPO certificate from Scrum Alliance.
In addition to your CSPO certification, you will be given a two-year membership with Scrum Alliance®.
PDU and SDU
Scrum Alliance SEUs: –This course qualifies as 16 Scrum Educational Units (SEUs) toward the 70 that are needed for a candidate to qualify as a Certified Scrum Professional (CSP)
Project Management Institute – This course counts as 14 of the 21 contact hours required of Agile Project Management Training to the eligible for the PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) certification.
This course also counts for 14 Professional Development Units (PDUs)
Post Course Advisory Service
At the end of the course, you can request for a free advisory service on either career or organisation improvements. The duration of the advisory service will be conducted by Theanthropy and will be capped at 1 hour for an individual and 3 hours for an organisation, with a validity period 3 months from the course completion date.
Off-line Course Registration – No Payment Required
Any questions on course registration? We are happy to answer them.
Call us on +65 9145 3436 / +65 9385 2234 or email us at [email protected]
On-line Registration with Payment
Our available classes are listed on Eventbrite. Select your preferred class before making payment through either credit card or Paypal. We look forward to seeing you at our classes!
Keen to know more about our course. Let us update you with more information
Have more Questions? We are happy to answer them.
Call us on +65 91453436 or email us at [email protected]
Disclaimer: Theanthropy reserves the right to change venue or cancel any course for reasons including, but not limited to, trainer illness or bad weather. In the event of cancellation, we will offer a transfer to a different course or a full refund.