Certified Scrum Master
Becoming Agile is a lifelong journey. Incorporating Scrum values and Agile principles into your work takes diligence, patience, and a commitment to continuous improvement.
The CSM certification is offered by Scrum Alliance, a non-profit membership organization that supports the adoption and effective use of Scrum.
Certified ScrumMaster Course Overview
Starting with the Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM®) certification from Scrum Alliance® is a great starting point that allows you to pursue the guided journey through Advanced and Professional level credentials and on to guide level status as a coach and/or educator.
This course will illustrate how Scrum and agile product management practices are applied by Scrum teams to validate ideas, evolving requirements, and deliver potentially shippable products in frequent, time-boxed iterations.
The variety of approaches that will be used in this course will include:
1. Facilitated interactive scenarios and case study discussions by top Agilists who have transformed a number of organisations
2. Experiential learning through mini-project simulations, role plays, quizzes and games, where the concepts of user stories, agile estimation, and release planning are practised
3. Hands-on exercises, students can use the created solutions at their workplace
Upcoming Course Dates
- 21 – 22 September 2019 (weekend class)
- 25 – 26 October 2019
- 14 – 15 December 2019
Certified ScrumMaster Course Outcomes
On completion of the course, the students would be able to:
- Expand career opportunities across all industry sectors adopting Agile practices
- Understand Appreciate why and how Agile fits perfectly into Volatile, Uncertain, Complex and Ambiguous(VUCA) environment
- Understand the principles underlying agile methodologies and how to apply them in a team context
- Discover how documentation, governance and reporting differ between a traditional and an agile way of working
- Understand and Appreciate the ScrumMaster role as Facilitator, Change Agent and a Transformation catalyst
- Practice Scrum Master services offered to Product Owner, Development Team and to Organisation, understand the challenges and best practices along the way
- Practice Application Of Scrum Theory And Practice via A Goal Orientated Simulated Project
Benefits of a ScrumMaster Certification
Expand your career opportunities across all industry sectors adopting Agile practices
Demonstrate your attainment of core Scrum knowledge
Learn the foundation of Scrum ad the scope of the role
Engage with Scrum practitioners committed to continuous improvement
In addition to fulfilling the role of ScrumMaster, your CSM certification gives you a two-year membership with Scrum Alliance®. Join local user groups and online social networks, gain access to deep discounts on Gatherings, and more.
The demand for CSM professionals continues to increase and Fortune 500 companies are continually hiring CSM professionals.
- A copy of The Scrum Guide
- A full set of printed course material
- Complimentary Membership of the Scrum Alliance
- Two days of high quality from a Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Trainer, an expert in Scrum and Agile practice.
- Refreshments throughout the day, morning and afternoon tea, and a gourmet buffet lunch.
- The fee for the CSM online test, which can be taken in the training room on Day 2.
Key Takeaways of Certified ScrumMaster Course
Focus on implementation – The CSM® programme is designed to build on your foundational knowledge with enhanced skills for the implementation of Scrum and Agile techniques within your company and teams.
Stand out in your industry – As a member of the Scrum Alliance globally recognized community, you show your employer (or potential employer) your potential as a highly valued professional.
PDU and SDU
Scrum Alliance SEUs: –This course qualifies as 16 Scrum Educational Units (SEUs) toward the 70 that are needed for a candidate to qualify as a Certified Scrum Professional (CSP)
Project Management Institute – This course counts as 14 of the 21 contact hours required of Agile Project Management Training to the eligible for the PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) certification.
This course also counts for 14 Professional Development Units (PDUs)
The ScrumMaster Certification is conducted by Scrum Alliance via an online assessment. After completing your CSM course, you’ll receive an email from the Scrum Alliance that includes a link to create your login credentials. After receiving your membership email, you have 90 days to take and complete the test. The test consists of a combination of multiple-choice and true or false questions. It will take approximately 60 minutes to complete. The CSM test has a passing score of 24 out of 35 questions. You will have two attempts within 90 days after you receive your membership email to pass the test at no additional cost. After the two attempts or 90 days, a fee of US$25 will be charged for each additional attempt.
Post Course Advisory Service
At the end of the course, you can request for a free advisory service on either career or organisation improvements. The duration of the advisory service will be conducted by the Course Manager and will be capped at 1 hour for an individual and 3 hours for an organisation, with a validity period 3 months from the course completion date.
Off-line Course Registration – No Payment Required
Any question on course registration? We are happy to answer them.
Call us on +65 91453436 / +65 9385 2234 or email us at [email protected]
On-line Registration with Payment
Our available classes are listed on Eventbrite. Select your preferred class before making payment through either credit card or Paypal. We look forward to seeing you at our classes!
Register Your Interest For Certified ScrumMaster
Interested to find out More, Let us update you on our course.