Agile Software Engineering
Agile is a powerful tool for software development, not only providing benefits to the development team, but also providing a number of important business benefits to the client. Agile helps project teams deal with many of the most common project pitfalls (such as cost, schedule predictability and scope creep) in a more controlled manner. By reorganizing and re-envisioning the activities involved in custom software development, Agile achieves those same objectives in a leaner and more business-focused way.
Agile Software Engineering Course Outline
Through the Agile Software Engineering course, you’ll learn:
- Introduction to Agile Software Development.
- User Stories.
- Extreme Pair Programming.
- Mob Programming.
- Test-Driven Development(TDD).
- Agile Architecture and Design.
- Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) .
- Continuous Integration adn Continuous Delivery.
- Leverage your learning to gain recognition and status as the local Agile expert in your company.
Agile Software Engineering Objectives
On completion of the course, the students would be able to:
- Expand career opportunities across all industry sectors adopting Agile and DevOps practices
- Understand the challenges of waterfall development
- Appreciate the importance of Agile development
- Using Story Mapping to map a “User Journey”.
- Learning how to effectively break User stories or “User Activities” up into User Tasks.
- Using Specification by example to bring shared understanding of requirements.
- Definition, advantage, disadvantage and obstacles of Pair Programming.
- Definition, advantage, disadvantage and obstacles of Mob Programming.
- Apply clean code and code review is techniques
- Understand the thought process and steps involved during a typical test-driven session.
- Drive the development (design and implementation) of a User Story using automated tests.
- Discover improved confidence and increase in development speed by writing automated tests first!
- Identify poorly designed code by using elaborated code smell vocabulary.
- Understand various automated refactoring techniques and strategies to carefully clean the identified code smells.
- Apply key techniques to break coupling between classes and micro-test each component independently.
- Transform complex and difficult classes into readable, well-structured, and well designed
Some benefits of Agile include:
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Early and Predictable Delivery
- Predictable Costs and Schedule
- Allows for Change
- Focuses on Business Value
- Focuses on Users
- Improves Quality
Key Takeaways of Agile Software Engineering include:
- A variety of individual practices, and how they support each other. Includes Continuous Integration, Test-Driven Development, Pair Programming, and many others.
- A clear understanding of why our industry needs professional development & engineering practices
- A clear understanding of why these particular practices are well-suited for Agile frameworks such as Scrum & Kanban.
- Techniques for teams and individuals to realistically stick to these practices in a disciplined way
Course Trainers for Agile Software Engineering
SCRUM ALLIANCE Certified Scrum Master
Former Global Head of Agile at HSBC Bank
He is passionate about the understanding of Agile Corporate Governance, the application of Agile frameworks in non-software environments and the education of Agile to the next generation. He has written papers, lectured at World leading Universities and when not helping Agile teams reach their goals he is working with local charities and social enterprise businesses on applying Agile to have a direct benefit in the community (currently OzHarvest).
Who Should Attend The Agile Software Engineering Course
- Technical Managers
- Test/QA Team members
- Developers/ Programmers
- Anyone wanting to know what changes to start making to prepare for Agile Technical Practices
Course Fee: SGD 2500
Register Your Interest For Agile Software Engineering
You will receive a follow up email to make payment before the class starts.
Have Questions? We are happy to answer them
Call us on +65 91453436 or email us at [email protected]