Agile Software Engineering
Agile is a powerful tool for software development, not only providing benefits to the development team, but also providing a number of important business benefits to the client. Agile helps project teams deal with many of the most common project pitfalls (such as cost, schedule predictability and scope creep) in a more controlled manner. By reorganizing and re-envisioning the activities involved in custom software development, Agile achieves those same objectives in a leaner and more business-focused way.
Agile Software Engineering Course Overview
Through the Agile Software Engineering course, you’ll learn:
- Introduction to Agile Software Development.
- User Stories.
- Extreme Pair Programming.
- Mob Programming.
- Test-Driven Development(TDD).
- Agile Architecture and Design.
- Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) .
- Continuous Integration adn Continuous Delivery.
- Leverage your learning to gain recognition and status as the local Agile expert in your company.
Agile Software Engineering Course Outline
AM Session: Agile Technical Practices – Intro
- Agile Introduction
- User Story
- GIT (Version Control System)
- Pair Programming
- Mob Programming
PM Session: Clean Code
- SOLID Principle
- Clean Coding & Refactoring
- Code Review
AM Session: Types of Testing
- Behavior Driven Development (BDD)
- Test Driven Development(TDD)
- Unit Testing
PM Session: ATTD
- Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD)
AM Session: DevOps
- Introduction to DevOps
- DevOps Game
- Continuous Integration
- Continuous Deployment
- Cloud Computing
PM Session: Practice CI_CD
- Practical Session
Agile Software Engineering Outcomes
On completion of the course, the students would be able to:
- Expand career opportunities across all industry sectors adopting Agile and DevOps practices
- Understand the challenges of waterfall development
- Appreciate the importance of Agile development
- Using Story Mapping to map a “User Journey”.
- Learning how to effectively break User stories or “User Activities” up into User Tasks.
- Using Specification by example to bring shared understanding of requirements.
- Definition, advantage, disadvantage and obstacles of Pair Programming.
- Definition, advantage, disadvantage and obstacles of Mob Programming.
- Apply clean code and code review is techniques
- Understand the thought process and steps involved during a typical test-driven session.
- Drive the development (design and implementation) of a User Story using automated tests.
- Discover improved confidence and increase in development speed by writing automated tests first!
- Identify poorly designed code by using elaborated code smell vocabulary.
- Understand various automated refactoring techniques and strategies to carefully clean the identified code smells.
- Apply key techniques to break coupling between classes and micro-test each component independently.
- Transform complex and difficult classes into readable, well-structured, and well designed
Some benefits of Agile include:
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Early and Predictable Delivery
- Predictable Costs and Schedule
- Allows for Change
- Focuses on Business Value
- Focuses on Users
- Improves Quality
Key Takeaways of Agile Software Engineering include:
- A variety of individual practices, and how they support each other. Includes Continuous Integration, Test-Driven Development, Pair Programming, and many others.
- A clear understanding of why our industry needs professional development & engineering practices
- A clear understanding of why these particular practices are well-suited for Agile frameworks such as Scrum & Kanban.
- Techniques for teams and individuals to realistically stick to these practices in a disciplined way
Course Trainers for Agile Software Engineering
Sharan has 15+ years of IT experience in Building and managing complex software products. He is a passionate Agile Coach with hands-on product development and delivery experience using Agile frameworks to achieve maximum business value. He has extensive hands-on experience in transforming organisations from start-ups to enterprises to the agile way of working, focusing on ‘being agile than doing agile’.
Who Should Attend The Agile Software Engineering Course
- Technical Managers
- Test/QA Team members
- Developers/ Programmers
- Anyone wanting to know what changes to start making to prepare for Agile Technical Practices
Course Fee: SGD 2500
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion from Theanthropy.
Post Course Advisory Service
At the end of the course, you can request for a free advisory service on either career or organisation improvements. The duration of the advisory service will be conducted by the Course Manager and will be capped at 1 hour for an individual and 3 hours for an organisation, with a validity period 3 months from the course completion date.
CITREP+ supports local professionals in keeping pace with technology shifts through continuous and proactive training.
Participants are eligible for course subsidies under the CITREP+ framework. Subsidies range from 70% to 100% depending on which tier you fall under.
Singapore citizens and PRs who are working professionals will be eligible for up to 70-90% subsidy of the course fee and Singapore citizens who are students will be eligible for up to 100% subsidy of the course fee.
Terms and conditions apply. Please visit www.imtalent.sg/citrep for full details.
CITREP+ is a programme under the TechSkillsAccelerator (TeSA) – an initiative of SkillsFuture, driven by Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA) and in partnership with strategic partners; Workforce Singapore (WSG) and SkillsFutureSingapore (SSG), as well as collaboration with industry partners and hiring employers. TeSA offers various programmes to support professionals to upgrade and acquire new infocomm technology (ICT) skills and domain knowledge that are in demand, and to stay competitive and meet the challenges of a fast-moving digital landscape.
For more information, you can visit the IMDA website here for more information.
Frequently Asked Questions
“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” ~ Benjamin Franklin. Here at Theanthropy we employ a variety of instructional approaches to help you maximise learning outcomes. Our workshops utilise facilitated interactive scenarios where conventional PowerPoint and lecturing sessions are kept to a minimum, case study discussions designed to simulate real-world problems, and experiential learning that forms a bridge between theory and practice.
Our instructors are practitioners and thought leaders in their respective areas with years of applied industry experience. Balanced with a deep understanding of instructional design and pedagogy, our world-class trainers and instructors are able to help you maximise the learning outcomes of each course.
Yes, food and refreshments will be provided at the venue. There will be 2 coffee breaks and one lunch for a full day course. If you have any special dietary requirements, do reach out and let us know.
Yes, we offer a variety of discounts depending on the type of course if you register together with a group of friends. For corporate and private class enquires, you can reach out to us for more information as well.
Enrolment will be facilitated through Eventbrite which allows for payment using a debit/credit card as well as PayPal. Acknowledgement and receipt of payment will be issued automatically by email once payment is completed.
Register for Agile Software Engineering Course
Our available classes are listed on Eventbrite. Select your preferred class before making payment through either credit card or Paypal. We look forward to seeing you at our classes!